Between the Lines!

Leave a Comment
I was never one for lip liner. I figured, I have rather full lips, so I don’t need it right? WRONG! As I learned when studying to become a makeup artist, that lip liner is actually a very useful tool for really defining the shape of your lips beautifully and filling it slightly in if you have thinner lips. Also very important is that it prevents your lipstick from “bleeding” You know especially when wearing a bold colour, your lipstick, after a few hours, tends to leak ever so slightly (sometime even more than that) into the fine lines around your lips. So lip liner helps prevent that from happening.

Well I thought I’d try out the Essence lip liner, and talk about value for money. It cost about R17 a pencil and the colours are truly awesome. I tried the ‘in the nude’ shade, which is perfect to create a soft nude lip and also ‘soft berry’ to create a slightly darker pink lip, but not overly bold in any way.

The pencils are so soft, and go on very smoothly. In fact I love it so much, at times I don’t even use lipstick. Just colour the whole lip in, and add a little clear gloss for a soft beautiful look.


Ciao for now, Tiffany

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.